Monday, January 10, 2011

The befores....

So now the hard part starts where I actually have to POST something. 

I think I will start at the beginning - my husband and I moved into our house last January - so we are coming up on a year in our house! We had a true Toronto house buying experience - looked for 8 months, made 10 offers, and got our house via a bidding war (by then we were very experienced!).  Needless to say we saw a lot of houses and learned about what we loved, what we hated, and what we could live with. 

Here are some before photos.  Please remember -these are BEFORES and do not reflect our taste!  Case in point: the previous owner's adoration for faux finishes, in the colour scheme of orange, yellow, and green. I'm not sure the photos do it justice.  The furnishings (and mess) belong to the previous owners.

I will post after shots as we go. Since we've been here a year, we have made a LOT of progress but a lot of work has been behind the scenes: electrical (re-wiring the house to get rid of knob and tube that is so common in older homes), converting from oil to gas, getting a new boiler/HVAC system, re-doing the chimney, the list goes on...).

Enough said - I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Stairs (note the *2* different faux finishes on each wall):

Odd little nook where they blocked the hallway on the main floor:
 Bedroom 1:

Bedroom 2:

 Master Bedroom:

Bathroom:

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't believe they left the house looking like that for the public to see! Can't wait to see the afters!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Welcome to the blogging world :) Iv enjoyed looking through your befores and cant wait to see the afters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...