Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snow snow snow...and some comfort food

Toronto got more snow today -- with the snow it makes me happy to commute via TTC!  The walk to the subway this morning was nice - the snow really makes everything quiet and pristine (at least for a little while)... I wouldn't say the snow is unusual, but after a green Christmas it's attention-grabbing when you get 20 cm's in a week!

Regardless, I'm nice and cozy at home and about to start on dinner.  What could be better than home made mac & cheese on a day like this?? I'm going to try Martha Stewart's recipe, and have high hopes for it.  Tonight will be turkey drumsticks (yes those huge ones) and mac&cheese.  Funny that I am actually interested in cooking, consider myself to be fairly competent in the kitchen, yet this is the first meal that I share publicly.

I will let you know how it is, but if you get a craving, here is the recipe I will be using - courtesy of SmittenKitchen: http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/05/marthas-macaroni-and-cheese/

avert thine eyes!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That looks YUMMY and believe me, it takes a lot for me to say that these days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...