Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday faves

I find it hard to blog on something that's not really my favourite thing within friday faves, but with all this rain we've been having (and melting snow to add to the puddles) I need to look at the silver lining. That said, here are some of my favourite rain gear items - don't worry, they (in some form or another) are all being put to very good use this week.


This coat is amazing. It is completely packable/squishable (and even comes with a bag that you can put it in...sort of like old school k-way jackets but the pouch isn't attached to the coat - huge improvement). I found this coat at the Bay about a year ago  and it's one of my favourite pieces of outerwear! It also has a hood that zips out of the big collar. Perfect combination of practical and style.



I bought boots almost exactly like this from Joe Fresh and they have served me extremely well over the past couple of years!  They kept my feet nice and dry yesterday to and from work.


I generally think rainy days need a splash of colour, and yet the bulk of umbrellas are BLACK (don't worry, mine's not!). I remember buying an extremely cheerful yellow gingham umbrella in grade 7 (from an Eddie Bauer outlet in South Carolina of all places haha). Isn't this umbrella enough to cheer you up on the rainiest of days?

Happy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Oh, we've been flooded here all week. Good news is, the sun is breaking out again and we are headed for a warm weekend! Have a good one!

Ashley said...

I really like that umbrella!

Anonymous said...

Love the umbrella. So pretty ;)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Heather, you have great fashion style as well as interior style. I LOVE all those pieces. You took me on a ride down memory lane when you mentioned Kway jackets. Remember those??? Stay dry!

Unknown said...

I have the boots like those from Joe Fresh! They kept my feel dry on a wet long weekend strolling through Quebec city! Plus, I think they are kinda cute!

Love Design Company said...

love the umbrella! very pretty....
Lindsay xo

Carol-Anne said...

Hey, nice to find another Canadian design blogger! I have really enjoyed reading over your older posts. I'll add you to my blog roll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...