Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday faves - kitchen gadgets

I am a sucker for a good gadget...I think I get it from my parents. There are some, however, that really make my life easier in the kitchen. A lot of these could be replicated or the tasks could be done another way, but I think the gadget adds that special touch. I'm featuring primarily non-mechanical gadgets in this post. 


A good knife is not optional. Henckels via
 
Call it what you will - meat tenderizer, meat pounder, meat mallet...whatever it is makes the job wayyyy easier than trying to use a frying pan to flatten pieces of meat! via
Wood Lemon Reamer
This is a wooden reamer, used to juice citrus fruits. I actually don't own one but have always loved how they look! via
This is what you use if you really want all the juice out of a lime! A heavy metal juicer like in Mexico. via
I prefer a carafe to other water containers because the wider neck allows you to put ice in it. via
 
A good pastry blender is key to easy (and delicious) pie dough. via

What are some of your favourite yet simple kitchen gadgets??

2 comments:

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm kind of old school and always think a good knife can do the job of many gadgets BUT the lemon reamer is one I couldn't live without.

lisaroy said...

Definitely a pastry blender! Did you know that while living in Ireland, I couldn't find one anywhere? I finally had to buy one in Canada and bring it back with me in my suitcase.
I also love an apple corer and a melon baller is great for scooping cookies. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...