Thursday, September 6, 2012

Exciting finds at Homesense

When I went shopping for the bags I mentioned in my last post, I also popped into Homesense and was floored by some of the amazing stuff in stores right now. All of this was found at the Leaside location in Toronto, and I am seriously drooling over some of this stuff.

What do you think?
That royal blue velvet settee is just gorgeous! At $550 it doesn't seem like a total bargain, but when you consider that is cheaper than most chairs, it's a great deal. I think it would look amazing against a marble or penny tile floor of a foyer (that is, if I had a house that could make room for a foyer to fit a settee :) ). The little chevron poofs and stool were just adorable for student living or a kids playroom, and the Ikat pillows were large, and down-filled for $40. You couldn't make them and buy the inserts for that price!
Homesense has really stepped it up in the lighting department in my opinion. They have so many reasonable and trendy options, including a good number of hanging pendants, drum shades, and chandeliers.
 
This is just a mish mash of cool stuff. The equestrian influence was loud and clear with the artwork, and a black horse head lamp below it (see what I mean about lighting??). The orange and white duvet cover could really punch up a room, and the mustard yellow and gray apron brings an old school 50's vibe back to your kitchen. Finally, the rug at the bottom is a great find for $199 - I think it would look perfect in a modern living room or in a nursery.
 
Sadly none of these things made it home with me this trip, but I kept wishing I had a place to put them all!
 
 
Full disclosure: This post just represents my inner love for HomeSense - I can spend hours in there! I was not compensated for this post (I wish).
 




6 comments:

Tiffany Leigh said...

Wow I simply love Homesense! I saw a really cool equestrian painting when I was there a few months back that I posted about here (http://tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.ca/2012/03/look-what-i-found.html) but I think I like yours even better!
My fave of these is those chevron poofs! Too cute!

Designwali said...

hahaha...i have an inner love for homesense too. I like the treasure hunt. That rug and settee...swoon. i need to find those ikat pillows!

Anonymous said...

Loooove that Ikat ottoman Heather. Beautiful.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Great finds. Is your HomeSense that same as our HomeGoods? Always find something wonderful there!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Tim said...

Amazing finds Heather! I love the richness of the velvet settee and that rug is absolutely a steal! Now I need to go check out the leaside location!

Anonymous said...

Great Chevron poufs and Ikat pillows. I could do with some of those in my living room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...