Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quebec City {the food}

The Mr. and I escaped to Quebec City over the holidays. Neither of us had been, which is surprising since we both grew up in Ottawa. It definitely met our expectations and we loved the little sense of Europe it gave (the closest you can get within driving distance!).

The food in Quebec City was delicious! We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Le Pain Beni - their menu is focused on gourmet local winter comfort food (and I'm not talking poutine). The Mr. had deer and I had lamb - both were phenomenal. We also went to the Bar St Laurent in the Chateau Frontenac for a drink (a must-do in the city).
 1 - Le Pain Beni; 2 - Le Petit Cochon Dingue; 3 - Chez L'Autre; 4 - Le Petit Cochon Dingue; 5 - Chez L'Autre

Another food highlight was the little cafe we found - Le Petit Cochon Dingue (The Crazy Little Pig). The first morning we went there (yes, we went twice in 3 days) we got pain au chocolats (aka chocolatines aka chocolate croissants) directly out of the oven. They were heaven.
After a hard day of skiing, we rewarded ourselves with this (followed by a dinner at St Hubert! Not everything needs to be high class to be good :) )

For dinner on our last night we went to Chez L'Autre, a snazzy little place we saw while walking around. We had classic steak frites and the meal did not disappoint!

Check back tomorrow for more photos from Quebec City and our ski adventure at Le Massif!

4 comments:

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

Isn't it the most gorgeous place in the winter? My husband and I did the same thing one year and we loved it!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I"ve never been in winter but I bet it's absolutely stunning. I adore Quebec City and I couldn't believe how much I felt like I was in Europe. What a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your skiing experience.

Lindsay [rookie's nest] said...

I'm seeing Veuve everywhere lately!! Haha, amazing looking food & drinks!

Ashley said...

god the places look gorgeous. I LOVE champagne and then cheap dinner. Hilarious! Glad you guys had a good time. I get the freezing... it "feels like" minus 26 today here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...